ONLINE FEEDBACK SESSION:
Sunday, January 21st, 2018 from 7:30pm – 9:30pm (CST)
Registration Fee: $19.95 (non-refundable)
SKILL LEVEL: All
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
LED BY: Lou Nettelhorst, Todd Nettelhorst
Looking for some inspiration to get out and be creative?? This is a chance to shoot with a challenging purpose and receive gentle, but honest feedback on your images!
Join our NEW Online Photo Feedback Series – On Assignment.
This month’s assignment is RED . . .
Take this theme as an assignment to shoot as if you were creating a photo essay on RED. What does RED mean to you? What images portray this meaning? Go shoot them!!
STRUCTURE of FEEDBACK SESSION
ANYONE’S WELCOME! For our session, you’ll SELECT ten (10) images to share your RED assignment interpretation, then out from your assignment images SELECT four (4) to receive feedback from Lou & Todd. Once you register, we’ll send you uploading and sign on instructions (just like a webinar).
DISCLAIMER: The comments we make about your images are just opinions. There’s no right or perfect answers, just opinions based on our experience. The images are yours, and you can choose to accept or reject our comments. We want to add to your growth, if we can, but not put you down. Our feedback usually involves mentioning what we like about an image and then things that might be tweaked for the next time you’re in a similar situation. Many times we’ll engage you in a little dialogue about your image and shooting experiences. Our total intent is to create a learning experience for everyone. Know that this is not about competition, but rather an opportunity to learn from how we originally shoot in the camera.
COMMENT ON PREVIOUS FEEDBACK SESSIONS
For those who haven’t experienced the photo feedback, here are some participants’ comments:
a) About the Leaders
– There are so few people who get the opportunity to live what they are called to do, and you sir, I believe with my whole heart, are doing exactly what you are supposed to. You’re amazing at teaching and taking photos!! (Liz)
– You’re a fantastic teacher – patient, clear, humorous and clearly skilled in your passion. Thanks, Lou. (Susan)
– Absolutely Lou, you bring out the best talents in everyone. Even talents they never knew they were blessed with. You’re an amazing teacher, coach, and friend. (Mark)
b) What Went Well…
– Feedback Session – I believe the feedback sessions are one of the most valuable parts of the workshop. Yours [Lou] were Great. I experienced an “aha” moment this evening. I realized that the majority of images that I have taken and sensed that they don’t “feel right” (but could not articulate why)- they lack balance! (Vicki)
– Suggestions to try new approaches, stimulating ideas, make photography alive (Kent)
– I like seeing others’ ideas. (Barb)
– The encouragement! When I’m least inspired, it helps to see the work of others; your gentle manner and impressive expertise give me encouragement and ideas — and HOPE!! (Denise)
– Great feedback on my photos and great learning from others’; photos/techniques (Jim)
– I like seeing the work of other participants and thinking about what I might do w/ the same image or in a similar situation. (Sue)
c) What did you learn…
– A new way to “see.” (Karen)
– How to slow down and get the shot I want. (Laurie)
– Focus my head, as well as the shot! (Denise)
– Take more time with each image before pressing the shutter. (Jim)
– worked to merge technical & emotions, incredible teacher. (Sherry)
d) From Carolyn (an unsolicited email)
– I really enjoyed last night’s session. I have learned so much from you about analyzing my shots, i.e., how to compose a picture.
– I look forward to the Feb. 12th session and future classes with you. You have a wonderful way of viewing our work with suggestions and enthusiasm. Even though I feel that I have the least experience in the group, you have made me feel that I can obtain a higher degree of expertise. Thank you for all your help.
DATE and TIME
Online Photo Feedback Session: Sunday, January 21st, 2018, @ 7:30pm to 9:30pm (CST)
$19.95 (non-refundable) Maximum/minimum: 10/4 participants
“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.” ~ Ansel Adams